Stage Door’s Studio Policies
(require digital signature when enrolling)
- Payment of Fees: Tuition is based on an annual amount and therefore remains the same whether there are 3, 4 or 5 weeks of classes per month. Tuition is pro-rated for your start month only and is not adjusted for studio closures due to holidays, or winter, spring, or summer break. Tuition is non-refundable nor transferable unless the Stage Door cancels the scheduled class. Stage Door’s Season is like a school year. Monthly fees are automatically deducted from your checking account or charged to your credit card on the first of each month during the season. ANYONE PARTICIPATING IN THE JUNE RECITAL MUST PAY FULL TUITION FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE.
- Release of Liability: As the legal parent or guardian, I release and hold harmless Stage Door & Performing Arts Workshop, Inc., its owners and operators from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of Stage Door Dance & Performing Arts Workshop,Inc., its owners and operators or in route to or from any of said premises.
- Registration: A non-refundable fee of $65 per student or $85 per family is required yearly at time of registration. If starting late in the school year, the registration fee will be prorated as follows. December-June: Registration fee is $60 per student/$65 per family. April-June: Registration fee is $55.00 per student/ $75 per family. Summer Session – No registration fee required Stage Door’s season is like a school year. Monthly fees are automatically deducted from your checking or credit card account on the first of each month during the dance season (until the end of the current season-or until you inform us that you want to stop). During the month of July we have optional Summer Classes and Camps which will be paid for at time of summer registration.
- Photo Release: I am aware that Stage Door Dance & Performing Arts Workshop, Inc. videotapes or takes photographs of students from time to time. I hereby grant Stage Door Dance & Performing Arts Workshop, Inc. permission to use at any time, and for any reasonable purpose, a photograph or videotape of me or my child.
- Late Fee: A $10 late fee will charged to any past due account. This includes accounts that can not be processed due to inaccurate account information or expired cards.
- Auto Debit FormI: have filled out “eCheck/Bank Draft” information in order to reserve a spot in class.
- Interruption of Classes: If School needs to shutdown due to COVID or other pandemic situation virtual classes will be offered in lieu of in person classes. If the school must cancel some classes due to events beyond our control such as power outages, wild fires, etc. virtual classes will be offered. No refunds for lessons will be given.
- Withdrawal and Refunds: CLASSES MUST BE DROPPED BY WRITTEN NOTICE OR COMPLETING THE DROP FORM AND YOU MUST DROP A CLASS BY THE FIFTEENTH OF THE MONTH TO STOP THE AUTOMATIC PAYMENT FOR THE FOLLOWING MONTH. There are no refunds or transfer of tuition for classes you’re scheduled to attend whether or not you attend the class, and there are no refunds for registration fees. Stage Door Dance & Performing Arts Workshop, Inc. reserves the right to terminate lessons to any students without notice. In such a case a refund for unused lessons will be given. NO REFUNDS will be offered if we experience a closure due to COVID or other closure out of our control. Virtual classes will be offered instead.
- Holiday Closures: Notices will be posted prior to closures.
- Substitutions: The school reserves the right to provide a substitute or virtual substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If the school cannot arrange for a substitute or virtual, any missed classes will be eligible for a make up class. In the case of only a single student in attendance of a regularly scheduled class; the instructor may choose to instruct a 30 minute private lesson in lieu of the regularly scheduled length of class (designed for more than one student).
- Dress Code: I have reviewed the Dress Code and agree to wear the required dance wear and dance shoes to all classes. Failure to wear required dance wear to class could result in students being asked to sit out the class. Repeated failure to wear required dance wear could result in termination of lessons. Students are not permitted to wear jeans or shoes worn on the street or outdoors, to any dance class.
- Absences and Lateness: Absences – Students are able to make up any missed classes within 30 days during the current season. NO REFUNDS will be offered for missed classes. Lateness: The school reserves the right to have students who come late to class, sit out the class. Repeated lateness may result in termination of lessons. If a student misses more than 3 classes without notice to the office, the school reserves the right to terminate lessons. Students with excessive absences after January will not be allowed to participate in the year-end dance recital. We do not guarantee that make-up classes in any one discipline will be available. It is the student’s responsibility to account for time away from dance such as leaves, vacations, work schedules, etc.
- Parent’s Responsibility: Parents must be Aware of Dates and Events. It is the responsibility of the parent or adult student to be aware of all school activities, such as viewing days, recitals, extra classes, and dates the school is open or closed. Please regularly check our website or watch for information posted in the lobby to ensure that you are as informed as possible. It is the responsibility of the parents or adult students to inform the school of any address, telephone number, or credit card information change.
- Insufficient Registration: Stage Door has the right to cancel any class that has insufficient enrollment at anytime.